Visual Art Educator
Objective: Teach middle school visual art. Enhance the art program by using current technologies and immersive Project Based Learning activities to inspire students to create, innovate, and discover themselves and the world through art.
Highlights of Expertise:
- Visual Art (K-12) Alternative Teacher License, CO
- Visual and Design Arts (7-12) Career and Technical Education Authorization, CO
- Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree in Painting
- Professional art teaching experience with first through eighth grade
- Lead and instruct 200-member adult art group
- Demonstrate empathy and high ethical standards
Middle School STEM Visual Art Educator: Create sixth, seventh, and eighth grade STEM Art program using current technologies and PBL art assignments. Broaden students' knowledge and preparation for new art and technology careers in modern, experimental, and innovative fields.
Elementary School Art Educator: Instruct first through sixth grade students in art history and art creation. Design curriculum with step-by-step projects and short lectures to relate art projects with historical and cultural references. Selected projects: create wearable ancient Egyptian Pharaoh masks; build 3-D Roman Colosseum model; replicate famous Renaissance and 20th Century paintings.
Coordinator and Instructor: Group of over 200 adult members with over 40 participants. Design and lead drawing and painting groups. Incorporate all levels of skill and experience in plein-air sessions and studio figure model classes. Lead visits to local museums and galleries. Hold critique and discussion sessions. Organize Atlanta Painters' exhibitions and manage volunteers.
- 2012-2016 Dogwood Gallery, Tyrone, GA. Fine Art Gallery
- 2009-2011 Quinlan Visual Arts Center Gallery, Gainesville, GA. Non-profit Gallery
- 2010 Wellspring Living Gallery, Duluth, Marietta, and Peachtree City, GA. Non-profit Gallery
- 2009-2010 InsideDesign, Atlanta, GA. Interior Design Gallery
- 2002 Right Brain Art Gallery, Atlanta, GA. Fine Art Gallery
- 1997 Maxima Art Center Gallery, Arlington, MA. Fine Art Gallery
Study, Affiliations, Exhibitions, and Publications:
- 2006-2016 Self-study in art therapy process, technique, and practice
- 1996-2016 8 Professional Affiliations
- 1998-2012 30+ Group Exhibitions. Locations include: Boston, MA; Atlanta, GA; Washington, DC; Philadelphia, PA; Chicago, IL; St. Louis, MO; Brooklyn, NY
- 2007-2011 4 Solo Exhibitions
- 1991-2010 15+ Publications about my art work and one authored article